Note: All activities are non-partisan, non-issues specific and fully compliant with all IRS guidelines f or churches with 501 (c)(3) non-profit status*. For any questions regarding those guidelines you can go to www.uspastorcouncil.org or call 832-688-9166.
- Sunday, September 7 through Sunday, October 5 – include announcements from the pulpit, on projection screens, in church bulletins and using posters to promote voter registration. Also, set up a voter registration table with voter registration cards and other relevant information to encourage voter registration before the October 5th deadline.
- Sunday, October 5 through Sunday, November 2 – include announcements from the pulpit, on projection screens, in church bulletins and using posters to begin awareness of upcoming election. Place special emphasis on the convenience of early voting. (materials available) Also, set up a voter awareness table to be staffed by the Community Impact Ministry team to provide early voting information (e.g. begins September 18, ends September 29), voting locations and voter guides. (Information is available through the HAPC office)
- Sunday, October 5 – Participate in Pulpit Freedom Sunday* by preaching an election sermon emphasizing the sacred trust we carry in choosing leaders for civil government to represent us and govern under the authority of God.
- Week of October 13-17 – Mail an Early Voting reminder post card, email or text to every household in the church’s local roster. (Sample post card available)
- Sunday, November 2 – Preach an “Election Sermon” as done by preceding generations of pastors, giving Scriptural and Historical basis for choosing godly leaders. (Sample sermon notes and audio tapes available)
- Monday, November 3 and Tuesday, November 4 – Send a broadcast e-mail and/or text broadcast to church list with a special Get-Out-The-Vote message by the Senior Pastor and links to non-partisan voter education information. (Sample Text-based and HTML format messages available) Also, Initiate automated phone calls with a Get-Out-The-Vote script recorded by the Senior Pastor, calling through the entire church list prior to Election Day. (Sample script and automated calling support available)
*- Pulpit Freedom Sunday is a project of Alliance Defense Fund to challenge the unconstitutional restrictions on religious speech in pulpits by the existing IRS guidelines.