A Time To Take Action!
The Hawaii Pastor Alliance in affiliation with the US Pastor Council based in Houston Texas is here to assist pastors and church leaders in working towards cultural renewal of our state and nation.
Our culture stands at the cross roads between cultural/political renewal or accelerating moral decay and collapse. There is no “middle ground” for pastors and church leaders. Quoting Dietrich Bonhoeffer:
Silence in the face of evil is itself evil:
God will not hold us guiltless.
Not to speak is to speak.
Not to act is to act.
The greatest test facing pastors and conservative citizens in Hawaii is the size of the challenge we face. While the leaders of the US Pastors Council stand ready to help anyway they can, the fact still remains that This Is Not Texas!
That is to say, we do not have a cultural/political foundation (in place) from which to launch an assault against a adversary as entrenched as the One Party State that dominates Hawaii. This One Party State seems like a giant especially as we struggle, like grasshoppers, to find the unity and organization needed to prevail. Not only do we face the reality that those who are against us are more organized, aggressive and forward thinking in their operations but this also keeps us in a state of discouragement and intimidation. Thus, we shy away from the true heart of the battle.
This is why understanding the importance and inherent power of organization is so critical to our battle to restore Godly values to our state. Organizational structure, such as the Hawaii Pastors Alliance, is designed to deal with the complexities of human life and emotion and as such their is a natural dynamic to its development. But, designed properly, with the goal of bringing like-mined people together, this Alliance can enhance both the life of the individual and the life of our culture.
Imagine pastors meeting on a regular basis within a properly structured and financed “civic association” that gives each pastor a chance to input their unique insight and encourage team work to lay the foundation for cultural/political renewal. Pastors, as a group, already understand the frustration and joy of counseling with groups and with individuals in helping them “overcome” the challenges of life. Think of what a team of pastors could do, utilizing this same passion and insight, when working in alliance to help our culture overcome the injustice and deception holding our state back from God’s full blessing!
A Time For Revival!
Renewal and revival bearing the fruit of holiness and justice:
One of the hallmarks of God moving amongst His people is a renewed sensitivity to injustice in the culture.
This was the hallmark of the Second Great Awakening who’s legacy and power continues to impact our nation in the 21st century!
Issues like the abolition of slavery, outlawing child labor, extending suffrage to women and a host of other social issues were attacked with increased zeal as believers sought to bring more of God’s salt and light into America and her culture.
They were willing to sacrifice their very lives for the cause of holiness and justice.
America, as all life on earth, is oppressed with injustice and creeping moral tyranny. Practices like abortion and same-sex marriage confront us with a host of issues that, if left unresolved, will destroy the freedoms our nation were founded to protect.
Because of this fact we must find a way to renew and rebuild Godly citizenship and civic involvement in this, our Area of Operation. Every state in our nation matters and every Christian citizen is responsible under the Constitution (which is the true earthy authority we as Americans answer to and are responsible to uphold and defend) to fight for a government that represents the scriptural values to which they have given their allegiance!
A Time For Cultural And Societal Renewal
The Hawaii Pastors Alliance intersects with Hawaii’s culture and politics by the following agenda:
- Step out in the faith that God is a redeemer of individual people, cultures and nations
- Establish an honest political structure welcoming and empowering pastors and church lay people to assist in the work of cultural renewal.
- Build mutual respect and trust amongst pastors and establish a Pastors Alliance powerful enough to face the challenges confronting the church and culture. And, through the power of prayer and fellowship help pastors formulate the strategic plans to shepherd society towards the blessings and benefits of Judeo-Christian values.
- Form dynamic Citizenship as Ministry teams of church lay people island and state-wide to build the grass roots base for political and cultural renewal.
- Achieve grass roots growth through:
- Share the vision and establish training in the organizational structure to help church lay people answering the call of Citizenship as Ministry
- Establish person to person connections in their neighborhoods and regions.
- Help these connections become teams through interactive forums, caucuses and a wide variety of meetings and activities.
- Support, through these grass root connections, the election of trustworthy men and women to public office.
- Re-establish the Discipline of Self Government as a life long habit.
What Happens When Pastors Are In Alliance And Prepared For Battle
Watchmen Pastors: Vision for Transforming America